Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
February 2011SMTWTFS« Jan 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 MetaRegisterLog inEntries RSSComments RSSWordPress.comTaking a shine to Martin SheenPosted on February 24, 2011 by Mark PattisonThe first time I met Martin Sheen was in the summer of 1999, a couple of months before “The West Wing” premiered. NBC was hosting a garden party for TV writers with much of its on- and off-screen talent present. I had worked arduously with an NBC publicist to get some interview time with Sheen during the party. And just as I was getting started, actor Robert Davi (he was on the drama “Profiler” at the time) interrupted, as he just had to confer with Sheen about some miraculous occurrence in Davi’s life.
By the time I got to my “exclusive” interview with Sheen, it became far less exclusive. Other writers started hovering around us, eventually planting their cassette recorders on the table in front of Sheen. (By comparison, nobody but me seemed interested in actor Mike O’Malley.) By and large, the other writers weren’t even asking questions. They just wanted to hear Sheen rhapsodize about what was on his mind.
Posted byThe Premierat23:22Posted byThe Premierat06:53Posted byThe Premierat12:07Posted byThe Premierat01:43
0 comments:
Post a Comment